BEST OF THE BEST LOCAL BUSINESS Awards are given out annually by the BEST OF THE BEST LOCAL BUSINESS Foundation in each community where there is a Sponsor. Selection of winners is based on a number of criteria:
- Businesses must be nominated by a person separate from their company.
- Winners must be a local business operating in the community for more than one year.
- Winners must have a good reputation for being friendly to customers and providing consistent high quality products and services.
- Having reviews on Google and Yelp is a positive sign, with a good ratio of positive to negative reviews.
- Having a good looking website that functions well, with testimonials from happy customers is not an absolute necessity, but it is a definite advantage.
- Clients, suppliers, and business associates of the Sponsor are not eligible.
- Businesses with affiliations with national brands are not eligible.
- Information media are not eligible, such as community websites, newspapers, radio stations, and television stations.